Goal Setting in 2020 – Starts Now
2020 is here! And that meals setting your goal(s) starts now!
Let’s do the party dance!
Yes, sure, you are right… It’s just another day.
But it doesn’t have to be. You can make 2020 be great!
Do you set goals?
Do you set goals and are you someone who disciplines oneself to reach them?
Here’s what I discovered after years of feeling like I failed when it came to promises to change my life…
5 Things I Was Doing That Sabotaged My Success:
1. I was trying to change too many things at the same time.
2. I forgot that I needed to ASK safe people for support
3. I only saw the big goals, I didn’t know how to set or see the small ones.
4. I’d mess up once and think “failure”.
5. I was afraid to be doing something others around me weren’t.
This is only a small list. But my thinking was so black and white.
So unrealistic, and unwilling to start small that I just keep stumbling. I had this idea that if I couldn’t “do it” and it be right from the beginning then somehow I was sucking.
I believe we do this and more as a way to protect ourselves from failure. Because who wants to feel the pain of failure. But what I have come to discover is, the pain of not trying is worse.
Have you ever been there? Are you there?
I’ve got news for you…you don’t need to be perfect, but you do need to be honest. And as underwhelming as this might be… starting small goals is a sure fire win to build a new habit, avenue and a finish line that you can feel proud and amazing with!
So this year- 2020, I’m older, smarter, stronger, and wiser (I think)… And want to share with you what I have done for myself when it comes to reaching my goals.
My 2020 Jump-start New Year’s Goal Plan:
1. Revisited my TOP 10 GOALS I had set for myself.
2. Looked at each and revisited my mini goals that create the road map to get to those goals…. (this is critical).
3. Asked myself what I NEED to make these happen: scheduled time to workout, yoga, walk. GET TO BED BY 10PM, Drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water EVERY SINGLE DAY! Finally, not scheduling clients in during my family time.
I know these might seem simple, not that fancy. Or even obvious. But the thing is… For YEARS I never wrote down my goals.
So I want you to know something today. If you don’t write it down… It’s not going to happen. If you don’t take the time to make a plan, don’t expect your life to have time to experience it.
Notice what you resist.
Notice what you tell yourself is dumb, or small.
Notice what you avoid.
These are probably, most-likely the VERY things you need to start doing RIGHT NOW!
It’s such a mind game it’s crazy! Don’t wait.
Stop with the excuses and get to it.
You don’t need yoga 7 days a week, if you can’t even get to the mat for one.
You don’t need to stop eating every bad food for you on the planet, if you can’t even get yourself to eat one good food.
You don’t need a new life, maybe all you need first is a new perspective on your life.
I believe you can do this.
I believe that 2020 can be a great year for you.
I believe that anything truly is possible, but first you have to start telling yourself it is, and showing yourself with steps you can easily get to for a good WIN!
I believe in you… do you believe in you?
Do you have a goal in mind?
Do you want something?
Well what are you waiting for?