We are missing out because we are juggling too many things. Don’t you agree? Isn’t that mostly all of us? We think that the more we do the more successful we are, that the more we take on the more money we will make, the more we keep everything under only our wing, the better off we will be.
This is my old thinking. I grew up with a wonderful father, he worked hard, did not have an easy life, and for what it’s worth now, he did the best he could. But as I got older I realized that he had many, many opportunities to be more successful, make more money and live an even better life, but he repeatedly chose not to, due to fear, having to let people in and taking a chance at something he may have to do different and learn something new and having to ask for help.
As an adult and almost 30 years old, with a business, a house, a husband, two kids, 20 chickens, three goats a barn cat and a dog, plus a community of people who trust, follow and believe in me; I several years ago refused to take on the attributes of my father. But in his defense, what I did take from him was his drive, determination, dedication, work ethic, and never-give-up and do it yourself attitude. However what I did change from those great attributes was that at some point you cannot do it all yourself, you need to let go and step back from something’s in order to allow other things in and other areas of your life to flow.
So I want to ask you the same question a wonderful person asked me about a year and a half ago and the same question I continually each week and quite possibly each day ask myself: “What do you need to let go of, what is now allowing you to use your time to the best of your ability and is that an area that others can do for you?”. Now no one is like you exactly, but they are probably a good match to compliment you to the best of their ability.
10 Vital Questions to Ask Yourself if You Really Want to Move Towards Success and the Bigger Picture:
1. What am I currently doing in my life to move me towards my big goals?
2. Is what I am doing right now hindering those big goals, deterring me from making real progress or is what I am doing moving me forward?
3. Is change present? Without change everything just stays the same.
4. Are you letting go? Letting go is not a bad thing, it is not a sign of something ending, but rather the beginning of something better.
5. Where do you need help? Where can you let someone in to help? You really can’t do it all and when you do you not only miss out on vital things in your life but you actually hinder your progress to the future.
6. Whose foot steps are you walking in? What I mean is whose patterns are you repeating that never worked, we typically become our parents, but you can choose to become the good qualities of your parents and harness the down falls and make them your power hitters, why because you know firsthand how they play out.
7. Drop the things that do not fuel your fire. Old thinking is doing things only for the money, just to pay the bills, and with the laws of attraction and abundance in place if you keep doing things that no longer bring you joy who will you ever attain your joy and your bigger picture.
8. Listen to your gut and others. Get clear with your vision and then consult the crap out of others. You don’t have to do everything they say but they see usually what you do not. It can’t hurt right?
9. Are you surrounding yourself with people that support you or drain you? This is a no brainer, and there is nothing worse than that (take it from me).
10. Finally, what does your big picture look like and what is your current map look like to get there? If you are too busy to map or dream this up than you are probably far too busy to get there, distracted by little things just continually getting you by.